22 Hornet - 35VMax or 40VMax - Lil Gun

I have one Ruger M77 22 Hornet that shoots the 40 gr V-max with 12.7 grs of Lil-Gun in ragged hole @ 100 yards
And another that shoots the 35 gr V-max with 12.0 grs of H110 in one ragged hole out to 150 yards

I've got a T/C Contender barrel in .22K Hornet. I won it for a $5 raffle ticket of the TCA.
Fred Smith the original owner of Bullberry made it for himself to shoot in the TCA contest.
He won then donated the barrel for the raffle. Boring accurate. I used Accurate 1680.
Haven't shoot it in about 10 years.
Semper Fidelis
Soup

"Down South 68-69"

I ended up with a lee loader, some more new brass, and two boxes of 40 grain Seirra Hornet labeled bullets. I figured I’d load up some with the lee loader since it only neck sizes and see if it tightens up my groups vs FL sizing. Been busy turkey hunting, but it just finally got over so I have time to play with my hornet now along with my 1995 H&R 223 I bought new back in the day and just bought bsck from a buddy. I just lightened the trigger to 3 3/4 pounds and floated the fore end. Always was a great shooter but wanted to see if I could get a little better accuracy out of it. I ended up with a lee loader in 223 as well. Never neck sized only figured both of these rifles would be good candidates to see if I can squeeze some accuracy out of it by doing so.

Back