The mother of my children

Infidel 762

Staff member
Becky is the mother of my children, we met when she was just 14. As youths, we partied hard and ran with what was considered the bad crowd. Amid the long hair, heavy metal, and whisky drank straight out of the bottle, sparkled a little girl with an untamed spirit. I was drawn to her soft eyes and quirky sense of humor. Life was always hard on Becky, and us as well. We had difficult times and split ways. Through the years I thought I had said all I had to say to her. Becky died in her sleep last Friday, alcohol had dealt its final blow. Her viewing is tomorrow and this is especially hard on our kids.

The last few days have been a whirlwind of emotion of all the things I should not have said, of all the things I should have said; things like “I did not mean that” or “I am sorry”. I went coyote hunting last night to clear my thoughts. I realized everything I thought - I should have or should not have said… well all those things have all been said before. And then I realized I had not said everything I have to say to her… the one thing I regret never telling her… the one thing I never said... I never told her thank you… I never told her thank you for giving me the most precious gift in my life… my children…

Becky will always have a special place in my heart as the mother of my children and I will always love her.

AE0BE5E8-B6D2-4335-8C64-4B48FEAEB8D5.jpeg

thank you Becky…xoxo jeREMy

Condolences on your family's loss. :( You may not have told Becky "thank you," but you can sure keep telling those kids "I love you." That reminds me...

Oh man, that hurts just to read. I’m very sorry. Time will help ease the pain you’re feeling. My condolences to you and your children.

I don't have the appropriate words for you, but I could feel your pain through the words you wrote. May God bless you with the strength to understand that nothing in life is guaranteed, and every moment should be a cherished gift even when things get thrown at us like you are enduring right now.

Thank you all… it was pretty emotional, today was her viewing and the kids were screaming when they first saw her. Tomorrow is the funeral. i don’t think it will be as bad as them first seeing her. I had some time alone with her and said what I wanted to say. I want to get up tomorrow and say something in her honor. I don’t know what I am going to say quite yet, I’m asking God for guidance and inspiration to give me words that honor her while also comforting everyone else. I know I want to publicly tell her thank you and also that despite her struggles she had a purpose, and she filled that purpose, her purpose was the kids and now she has a new purpose elsewhere, where I don’t know but I believe she is filling that purpose with the same love in her heart she has for them…

Prayers and condolences from my family to yours.

You are very good with words, your posts always make me think and ponder after I read them. I often read them more than once and decipher more each time.

Back