Scope rings

Harrisoncat

Hello, I’m getting ready to set up a new rifle and have run into a small issue.
I’m putting a 3-18x44mm scope with a 30mm tube on an ar15, what height rings should I order while trying to stay as low to the bore as possible? I would like quality light rings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.I just hate sending things back.

I have found that keep the rings low on an AR does not work well. I have always preferred the one piece mounts for the AR. When I have used rings, I had to put a riser on the rail to get the scope high enough. Others may have a different experience.

One piece mounts for me also.

I like made in the USA stuff like Warne and Leupold.

I just about always call/email the manufacturer about compatibility.

Of course now it is the weekend. Click on the hyper link below.

Warne

I have 2 of these mounts. I don't run 44mm though. Not sure of compatibility.

Like I said in the other post, I use aero precision scope mounts on all my AR type rifles. They’re lightweight and provide a comfortable mounting height.

I’ll add that I don’t take my scopes off once they’re mounted so I don’t know about return to zero and these are not quick throw lever style mounts either. Also, I have used these mounts for 50mm objectives and clearance isn’t an issue.

I use a good solid cantilever set of rings and then adjust my cheek riser for fast acquisition even with straight tube scopes 1-4x24mm.

One piece cantilever mounts are the way to on ARs. I'm a fan of Aero Ultralight extended mounts as well. If you are on a budget, and don't laugh, Monstrum mounts sold on Amazon are excellent.

Tried running low scope rings on my first AR. A Bushmaster Target Varminter the first year they came out. It was attacked driver. The thing would shoot five shots in the same hole 100 yards with 40 grain Nosler partitions hand loaded. Had two issues with it. It would never reject my ammo and the scope was so low struggled with it to even see unless my cheek was halfway down the stock. couldn’t hit anything with it unless it was on the bench so the way the goofy scope was set up. you want to get AR style rings. I have LaRue lt104 rings on my POF and Warne one piece on my 243’s.

I have high see-thru Leupold rings on several gas guns! Have only 1" tube scopes with 40-44 diameter objectives!! This works well for me! Don't know if Leuplod has the 30 MM high rings, I am not a fan of the 30MM world!! Just ole fashion!! LOL
I too have the BM Varminter shoots as your does, dultimatpredato!!

Back