Ruger Gen II accuracy update

I'm sure there are better options out there but for a $300 stock its not to bad and looks pretty good as well. To be honest, there is a little flex in the fore-end when the rifle is on a bi-pod. But not near as bad compared to the factory stock. I haven't shot it yet in the new stock but friend has the same set up in 300BO and he claims it improved his groups. We shall see!!

Just FYI, it did add a little more weight to the rifle.

Yes I kept the stock and found a mag for it. IDK what it weighs but MDT says the stock weighs 3.9 pounds IIRC. It added some weight to the rifle for sure. But its not terrible. ( I just don't have a scale that I can weigh it on.)

Timney just came out with a trigger for the Gen 2
I have a Timney in my gen 1 predator. I messed with the factory trigger a little bit, but couldn't really get all the creep out of it so I put in the Timney. The 350 legend ranch. I was able to get all the creep out and it ended up being a pretty good factory trigger.

I put a lighter spring in mine. Helped it some. I don't really have much creep but I'm use to light triggers and this one really isn't light. Maybe 2 1/2 pounds. I like what I've read about Jard triggers. They go real light, maybe a little to light for a field rifle.

I put a lighter spring in mine. Helped it some. I don't really have much creep but I'm use to light triggers and this one really isn't light. Maybe 2 1/2 pounds. I like what I've read about Jard triggers. They go real light, maybe a little to light for a field rifle.

I think that 2.5lbs is about right for a hunting rifle. Especially whenever it gets cooler and you are wearing gloves.

I have a Timney in my gen 1 predator. I messed with the factory trigger a little bit, but couldn't really get all the creep out of it so I put in the Timney. The 350 legend ranch. I was able to get all the creep out and it ended up being a pretty good factory trigger.
Likewise I put a new spring in the factory trigger but that still didn't cut it for me. Just installed a new Timney in my Gen 2, set it to 2lbs. 3 oz and now I can shoot this rifle, makes such a difference.

Likewise I put a new spring in the factory trigger but that still didn't cut it for me. Just installed a new Timney in my Gen 2, set it to 2lbs. 3 oz and now I can shoot this rifle, makes such a difference.
That's good. I mean, is it too much to ask for a good trigger in a budget rifle? LoL

Like I have said before, the best factory trigger of any of my rifles is my Tikka. It is right there with my Timney.

Trim a half coil off that Tikka trigger spring and get an even better trigger. I do that on all my Tikka rifles. Sometimes even more than half a coil. If its to light just turn the screw in a little bit. Makes a good trigger great.

Trim a half coil off that Tikka trigger spring and get an even better trigger. I do that on all my Tikka rifles. Sometimes even more than half a coil. If its to light just turn the screw in a little bit. Makes a good trigger great.

Honestly, I like it how it is. There's no creep and that sucker to be around 2lbs. I've even thought about adjusting it to add about a pound.

Back