Night vision for scanning fields

huntb

I just picked up an Arken Zulus. What would you recommend to scan the fields without breaking the bank? I'm OK with IR and better? Cost is a concern as this won't be something I use a lot.

Look for a used AGM Taipan on Market Place. It doesn't take a very expensive thermal scanner to see that "something" is out there. You may not be able to tell how many fingers a deer is holding up at 300 yards, but after you spend some time with it you will be able to tell that at least it's a deer vs a coyote.

Look for a used AGM Taipan on Market Place. It doesn't take a very expensive thermal scanner to see that "something" is out there. You may not be able to tell how many fingers a deer is holding up at 300 yards, but after you spend some time with it you will be able to tell that at least it's a deer vs a coyote.
And I use the same AGM Taipan 25-384 and a 19-384 works well also, they're a little cheaper.

I have a cheap TM10-256 and can pick up heat signatures to around 250yds. Image isn’t great but can tell the difference between deer and smaller animals. For around $500 it’s been excellent.

Back