Lightweight 30 cal Cans

TXCOONDOG

Looking to get a 30 cal can for my lightweight stalking rig and it will double on my grandson's 6x6.8 SPC.

Anyone have a Banish Backcountry and your thoughts?

If you know of a can that might be lighter because of direct thread and suppress' just as good, post up.

Last edited:
The TBAC Ultra 7 is a very light can at 9.8oz for the direct thread version and their Ultra 9 is 11.8oz If you go with either and use their CB NTB mount it only adds a couple tenths to those numbers. For a 1.5 diameter can the Ultra 7 & 9 are as good as you can get.

For a larger than 1.5 diameter can the Dead Air Nomad LTi is a very impressive can and their new LTi XC is supposed to be even a little lighter and maybe even slightly quieter but I don't think Dead Air has finished up and released any of the new LTi XC cans yet but if you aren't in a hurry it could be one to wait for.

The TBAC Ultra 7 is a very light can at 9.8oz for the direct thread version and their Ultra 9 is 11.8oz If you go with either and use their CB NTB mount it only adds a couple tenths to those numbers. For a 1.5 diameter can the Ultra 7 & 9 are as good as you can get.

For a larger than 1.5 diameter can the Dead Air Nomad LTi is a very impressive can and their new LTi XC is supposed to be even a little lighter and maybe even slightly quieter but I don't think Dead Air has finished up and released any of the new LTi XC cans yet but if you aren't in a hurry it could be one to wait for.

FYI-Banish Backcountry weighs 7.8 oz and with/adapter weighs 9 oz and Scythe-Ti weighs 7.3 oz and w/5/8 thread actual weight 8.4 oz (if memory serves).
Not much difference in weigh really between any of them so will have to consider length, diameter. rating, changeable diameter of hole on end caps too.

Appreciate the info and reply.

Last edited:
Back