Largest Coyote

DoubleLungRage

01/28/24
11:30pm-ish

I set up on a big 150ac field with about 400 yards of open air between me and the wood line. The wind was crazy, getting up to 10-15mph at times and blowing from my left to my right. I walked the call out about 100 yards in front of me and opened up with MFK "cotton chirps". I let it play for about ten minutes, but nothing responded. I paused the call for a moment then went to MFK "rabbit stew", which is a louder call. About five minutes into it I looked through my scanner and seen something coming in from my right to my left. I got behind the scope and turned on the IR light and seen him coming in hard. I guess he was trying to wind the call, but the wind was blowing so hard he didn't wind me or he didn't circle out far enough. I followed him in the scope while he was running towards the call and the second time he stopped and turned broadside I shot him. He went a few yards and piled up. Unfortunately, while he was trying to wind the call I was messing with the scope to turn on the PIP just in case he hung up and forgot to press record. My largest coyote to date.

Attachments

• coyote24.jpg
    coyote24.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 70
  • coyote242.jpg
    coyote242.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 67
When the forum migrated, all members had to reset their passwords. If you contact Stu w/your old name and current password he can send you a temporary password and you can reset password to open your old account.

That's a biggun! Congrats on your success. You are not the only one to have skipped the record button lololol. Ask me how I know.

Back