IR Strobe Beacon

Hunter55

has anyone had any experience or suggest a (MFG) IR strobe beacon?
headed to WY. later this year and seems I need an IR strobe to be legal for night hunting.
thanks

You dont have to be that bright of a IR strobe at night to be 100% effective for others to pick you up at distances .
( never used model in Pic. ) .. but, That IR beacon looks adequate for just a friend/foe beacon, and has a clip for mounting. price not killer either. So it probably fit your needs pretty good . easy route, I would just adhesive velcro that to your helmet
I use a surefire HL1 Helmet Light/IR, and have a couple of the phoenix IR juniors strobes . the Surefire friend/foe strobes on the helmet are not very rude to others around you that also wearing NV.
If that, 'adventure guardian IR ' to bright and rude to yourself and others around you in the field. you can just put a piece of ducktape to blackout some of the strobes flash.
edit add:
Small IR beacons, or just using those little cheep tiny chem.light's sticks are great for marking your entry spots that you went threw like gates, fences, trail heads . just hang on the fence wire or a branch, Makes it Easy to spot in the dark night with your NV to guide yourself back after you been out for a few hours.

Last edited:
You dont have to be that bright of a IR strobe at night to be 100% effective for others to pick you up at distances .
( never used model in Pic. ) .. but, That IR beacon looks adequate for just a friend/foe beacon, and has a clip for mounting. price not killer either. So it probably fit your needs pretty good . easy route, I would just adhesive velcro that to your helmet
I use a surefire HL1 Helmet Light/IR, and have a couple of the phoenix IR juniors strobes . the Surefire friend/foe strobes on the helmet are not very rude to others around you that also wearing NV.
If that, 'adventure guardian IR ' to bright and rude to yourself and others around you in the field. you can just put a piece of ducktape to blackout some of the strobes flash.
edit add:
Small IR beacons, or just using those little cheep tiny chem.light's sticks are great for marking your entry spots that you went threw like gates, fences, trail heads . just hang on the fence wire or a branch, Makes it Easy to spot in the dark night with your NV to guide yourself back after you been out for a few hours.
thanks for your input, things like this just aren't in my wheelhouse, so suggestions and options are appreciated!

thx, appreciate it man, all options and suggestions appreciated. Don't want to spend anymore than need be on something I may never use again for sure

has anyone had any experience or suggest a (MFG) IR strobe beacon?
headed to WY. later this year and seems I need an IR strobe to be legal for night hunting.
thanks

Man what a stupid law to set people up for failure. So if a person only owns thermal and no NV, how are you going to tell your strobe even works?? By FAR the vast majority of people hunting are only using thermal so the law really ain't about safety, it's about Mr Green jeans that is issued NODs to watch you!

I get the 850nm waves emits a very dim visible red light but the 950nm stuff can't be seen with the naked eye!

I can see courtroom outcomes already and it wouldn't take much of a lawyer to make the state look pretty stupid!

Man what a stupid law to set people up for failure. So if a person only owns thermal and no NV, how are you going to tell your strobe even works?? By FAR the vast majority of people hunting are only using thermal so the law really ain't about safety, it's about Mr Green jeans that is issued NODs to watch you!

I get the 850nm waves emits a very dim visible red light but the 950nm stuff can't be seen with the naked eye!

I can see courtroom outcomes already and it wouldn't take much of a lawyer to make the state look pretty stupid!
well it's pretty easy to get in a rant about stupid laws however, I'm not concerned with it I can see a long ways with my thermal

well it's pretty easy to get in a rant about stupid laws however, I'm not concerned with it I can see a long ways with my thermal

Not trying get in a rant at all, just pointing out that some NV stuff cannot be seen or tested/insured it's actually working if they are new to it and obviously WY hasn't considered it.

Back