Big male today

Met up with my buddy jay after work . Taking him on his second ever predator hunt . His first hunt he went on with me we called in and killed a nice female bobcat … jays never been a predator hunting and the best gun he had was a lever action 22 magnum . Perfect for cats or fox to 50 yards . I always bring my savage 22-250 and my benelli m2 with hevi shot t shot . We walked down the power line at our first spot and got excited pretty quickly as there were multiple diffferebt sets of dog tracks in the snow some as fresh as this morning … we walk up the ridge and pick a spot to set up where we can see 300 yards down the power line . To our left and rite is a thicket That even the most experience woodsman couldn’t walk through. I walk down to set up the call 40 yrds up wind . Walking down the trail I see a game trail cut into the snow crossing the trail 10 yards from our stools over a little knoll. As I walk over it I realize it’s not a game trail it’s a coyote highway with not one animal track besides dogs …. I set the call up and decoy and run back up to our set up and I told my buddy “ keep the 22 mag on the ground keep the shotgun on your lap there’s a big coyote highway 10 yards over the ridge they should come out on that hopefully “ … 15 minutes in he starts pointing that he can hear something ,,, 5 seconds later two heads pop out 5 yards to our left lol … after all said and done we should have a pair down but for his first time running the shotgun he didn’t do to bad . His eyes were the size of baseballs when I turned to him and he was shaking like crazy! He’s hooked said he’s buying a predator rifle this weekend !

Love this game we play!

Attachments

• IMG_4001.jpeg
    IMG_4001.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 54
Now that’s getting ‘em close. Right in your lap. Your buddy is ruined for life now. Next comes that big sucking sound of dollars flying out of his wallet.

Met up with my buddy jay after work . Taking him on his second ever predator hunt . His first hunt he went on with me we called in and killed a nice female bobcat … jays never been a predator hunting and the best gun he had was a lever action 22 magnum . Perfect for cats or fox to 50 yards . I always bring my savage 22-250 and my benelli m2 with hevi shot t shot . We walked down the power line at our first spot and got excited pretty quickly as there were multiple diffferebt sets of dog tracks in the snow some as fresh as this morning … we walk up the ridge and pick a spot to set up where we can see 300 yards down the power line . To our left and rite is a thicket That even the most experience woodsman couldn’t walk through. I walk down to set up the call 40 yrds up wind . Walking down the trail I see a game trail cut into the snow crossing the trail 10 yards from our stools over a little knoll. As I walk over it I realize it’s not a game trail it’s a coyote highway with not one animal track besides dogs …. I set the call up and decoy and run back up to our set up and I told my buddy “ keep the 22 mag on the ground keep the shotgun on your lap there’s a big coyote highway 10 yards over the ridge they should come out on that hopefully “ … 15 minutes in he starts pointing that he can hear something ,,, 5 seconds later two heads pop out 5 yards to our left lol … after all said and done we should have a pair down but for his first time running the shotgun he didn’t do to bad . His eyes were the size of baseballs when I turned to him and he was shaking like crazy! He’s hooked said he’s buying a predator rifle this weekend !

Love this game we play!
That’s awesome man! Congratulations!

Back