Anyone had this issues with their FoxPro TX1000 remote?

Erie660

My remote acts up at times with my X24 by not playing the sound or not muting when pushing the mute button. I can scroll through the call files and then select one and it will not play or change sounds. I have had this happen more than once. I run Energizer lithium batteries in the remote. Does the call and remote need to be next to each other when turned on, does this matter? A few times I had to go out and bring the call in closer. I hardly ever put the call out past 40yds. Thanks

The caller needs to be in line of sight of the remote to work. They don't need to be next to each other to start.

I regularly put my Fusion beyond 100 yards and never have any issues, unless you can't see the caller or weeds maybe blocking it.

I also cut a plastic electric fence post in half, & hang my Fusion from that, which gets it about a foot off the ground, which eliminates most lack of signal problems.

I have had that issue with my Fusion a few times. I also had to bring the caller closer in order for it to work. I suspect it was a line of sight issue rather than range because the caller was only at about 50 yards both times it happened. I suspect moving the caller closer eliminated some signal obstructions rather than fixed a range issue. I think the farther out you put the caller the more perfect your line of sight needs to be. If there is any terrain of brush between you and the caller you might not get good signal even at close range. Also, the farther the caller is from the remote the weaker the signal will be, so things like grass, brush, and how close the caller is to the ground will have more impact on the signal the farther you are from the caller.

So your remote issue isn't just yours, its been my experience on every foxpro I've owned (5 or so) and everyone I hunt with that owns one. Their remote range sucks, period and instead of improving it they come out with new callers every year and keep using the same inferior remote.

Foxpro and the terrible remote range is what pushed me to try other callers so I own multiple other brands. The Icotec without question has the best range currently available, not even close. Foxpro has the money and resources to improve their range and I just don't understand why they won't fix it.

My Fusion was sent back 2ce for remote range problems with no satisfaction. I tore it apart and added 8" of wire to the antenna which got about 50yds of semi dependable range then made a tripod out of short arrow shafts and castration bands that got it about 12-15" off the ground which did increase the range to about 60 yds.. Never had an issue with my fx3 or fury 2. I now own an Icotec.

My fusion works really well, but on occasion I have to push mute two or three times to get it to work. And every once in a while starting a sound will hiccup and not send.
I don't believe that this is a range problem though, more like a firmware issue. If I have good line of sight it works great 99.9% of the time. And that includes times it has been out 100 yards from me, which is rare.

My fusion works really well, but on occasion I have to push mute two or three times to get it to work. And every once in a while starting a sound will hiccup and not send.
I don't believe that this is a range problem though, more like a firmware issue. If I have good line of sight it works great 99.9% of the time. And that includes times it has been out 100 yards from me, which is rare.
You need to hold the remote vertical, straight up and down.

I know, but sometimes trying to avoid movement I’ll just lay the remote on my bino harness next to me, so it’s laying flat and usually works fine but like you say sometimes you gotta pick it up vertical.

I've had my X24 and Fusion way over 200 yards away with no issues- L-O-S. I uses FP rechargeable in all remotes and my calls are always elevated.

I’ve had issues with the caller not responding to button pushes with my Fusion on occasion. It was intermittent but consistent if that makes any sense. It worked flawlessly on most sets with great range if necessary. But it frequently messed up on 2 particular properties that I hunt. Cell towers are a for real problem! I’ve done line of sight testing on both my Fusion and my X2S and range is farther than I would set the caller out for both. Get within a couple hundred yards of a cell tower though and it’s going to cut it way, way down.

line of sight is very important with the fusion. I bought a cheap tripod off of amazon for like 25 dollars. It will elevate the call about 18" off the ground. I put velcro on the call and on the tripod to easily mount it and take it off after a stand. It not only gives you better range but your sound also travels better when the call is elevated off teh ground.

Have had 2 Foxpro's but am now using Icotec. Range with the Foxpro's sucks and I have had trouble with the the remote ( tx1000 ). I am somewhat disappointed with Foxpro.

CS 24 and Shockwave for years and easily 150-200 yd range with remotes.Never an issue with operation either.Both beat to heck and look like hell but are eveready bunnies.Pun intended.

Is there a reason other calls and remotes work way out there without line of site and the foxpros have issues? If other brands can make it happen, what is FP problem?

Back