A question about the 6x6.8 SPC

Not to hijack your thread but who is building quality 6x6.8 or 6 WOA barrels? I'm in the market but I'm striking out so far on who can build one.
I built a new upper in 6x6.8 this fall, and used a 10 twist X-Caliber 20" barrel.

It'll bump half MOA most of the time with 70 grain Ballistic Tips at 3275.

If I was in the market, I wouldn't hesitate to build around another X-Caliber barrel.

What was the wait time to get your barrel, what twist did you go with? Also, where did you find dies? ch4d maybe?

Last edited:
What was the wait time to get your barrel, what twist did you go with? Also, where did you find dies? ch4d maybe?
They list wait times at 9-11 weeks for AR barrels, my 6x6.8 was right in that time frame.

I went with a 10" twist for this one.

I ordered a 6mm carbon bolt gun barrel & got it in 3 weeks.

Go to this link for ordering, & the 6x6.8 is under the chambering choices:

They regularly have 10% off sales, so sign up for e-mails or check in every day.

For dies, I use a Redding 6.8 SPC full length bushing die for necking down & regular duties.

I always use Wilson inline bullet seaters and an arbor press for virtually everything I load for, & use one in regular 6.8 SPC for the 6 version.

They list wait times at 9-11 weeks for AR barrels, my 6x6.8 was right in that time frame.

I went with a 10" twist for this one.

I ordered a 6mm carbon bolt gun barrel & got it in 3 weeks.

Go to this link for ordering, & the 6x6.8 is under the chambering choices:

They regularly have 10% off sales, so sign up for e-mails or check in every day.

For dies, I use a Redding 6.8 SPC full length bushing die for necking down & regular duties.

I always use Wilson inline bullet seaters and an arbor press for virtually everything I load for, & use one in regular 6.8 SPC for the 6 version.
Perfect, Thank you. What powders have you been using?

I tried CFE-223, VV-133, AA-2230, and H-322, & settled on the 322 with the 70 BT's.

Bullets tested were the BT's, 70 Blitzkings, 65 Bergers, & 65 Vmax.

The 6x6.8 with 95 grain bullet will kill any and every hog you may encounter. Very, very bad medicine. With a 55 grain NBT they make coyote jello.

Xcaliber is building the best right now IMO.
And their latest 20% off sale starts today & runs through next Friday the 26th.

1705685038328.png

10tw is optimal for 55-85 grain bullets. 9tw would run 105 class stuff but the heavy class would be well into the case restricting case capacity.

If you want to run light to medium bullets fast go with the 6x6.8, if you want the heavies go with the 6arc or 6LBC

Back