3 so far this week.

DoubleUp

Didn't get video on one, video was pretty bad with high humidity on another one, and haven't looked at tonight's yet, but humidity is high with rain coming. Here they are.
#35.jpg

#36.jpg

#37.jpg

I didn't go out last night because of fog. The blind is next to a large open field, just don't like looking out the window and not being able to see anything except fog. Cold enough to need heat and Windows closed.

Well, it took a long time to get the video footage from my hunting partner, and then I didn't have time to put it all together. Here it is finally. On the first one, a female of a pair, she made 3 attempts to come to us, but lost her nerve each of the first two times. I finally hit a sound that she couldn't resist and she came on a beeline leaving her partner behind. My partner made a nice 120 yd. DRT on the female. The male actually made a long trip of over a mile to come up in our downwind and bust us. We watched him make the journey knowing what he would do, but because it was a full moon we couldn't move to intercept him without being seen.

On the second coyote, my partner got this one sneaking in the downwind backdoor, but managed to pull out a pretty long shot. It wasn't a DRT, but he got the liver and after running about 250 yds. the big male piled up. Thankfully he didn't run in the woods but stayed in the open field or he would have been lost. We've been calling in bobcats and red fox about every time we go, but aren't allowed to shot them at night here in NC. We have not called in a single gray fox all year. Also, can't use e-calls on them either, so they all get a pass. I may post some video of ones we've called in when I get chance.

Your're a funny guy Mike. Limbhanger, the top two were killed within a couple hundred yds. of each other, both males, and much
different fur. The 3rd one, the female actually looks almost like a summer coat coyote. We've had such strange weather I reckon they don't know what to wear.

Back