22 Creedmoor Recommendations

I built one. I went 9 twist specifically to shoot the 53’s and as heavy as would stabilize with a 9 twist. Rifle +2, 3 tungsten buffers, 20” barrel, SLR adjustable gas block.

With the gas shut off it shoots really well. With the gas on it doesn’t shoot as well and is extremely hard on the brass.

I’m going to try either 70 grain Bergers or 69 TMK’s.
69 tmk should do well

Started a thread about 22-250, but brass is virtually impossible to find, especially Laupa, so I'm starting a different thread to discuss a possible 22 C build.

What action do you recommend? I'm fond of the 700 action but considering finding something with a 60 degree bolt lift.
I know a lot of shooters like the 1:8 T for the heavies, but not sure how it will do with 40, 50 & 60 grainers (overspin/RPM). Thoughts?

Note: More than likely, I will go with an 18-20" X-Caliber or CBI barrel
I didn't read all the replies, so forgive me if this is redundant. I had a Savage 111 in 6.5CM that was practically impossible to develop a load for, spun off the barrel, installed a Criterion 22 Creedmoor 1 in 7" twist, shooting 77 SMK into .6" now with very little load development.

I got all the reloading components together such as dies, brass, primers(had), powders (had), bullets in 62 gr, 75gr , & 80 gr.

Just need to decide whether I want to build an AR 10 or BA first and barrel length.

Appreciate all the feedback.

I bought a Horizon Vandal in January. Its a sweet rig but I will say customer service is not good. I have had an issue with the mag. feeding. It took them weeks to get back with me. They sent me a new mag but I continued having the same issue. I emailed them 2 weeks ago with no answer. I have replaced the mag with a different brand I had laying around and the gun works flawlessly with it. Overall gun is a clean tack driver but customer service is terrible from Horizon.

I bought a Horizon Vandal in January. Its a sweet rig but I will say customer service is not good. I have had an issue with the mag. feeding. It took them weeks to get back with me. They sent me a new mag but I continued having the same issue. I emailed them 2 weeks ago with no answer. I have replaced the mag with a different brand I had laying around and the gun works flawlessly with it. Overall gun is a clean tack driver but customer service is terrible from Horizon.
Welcome MJ....
I'm thinking this probably not the norm.

Back