TBAC Magnus

I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to use the Magnus suppressor from TBAC .I am curious if the weight and price difference worth it over the ultra series. I was looking into a Ultra 9 or a Magnus 9 . Strictly for hunting and looking at the .30 Cal .Any info is appreciated thanks .

Love my ultra 9, but mine is 6.5. Unfortunately I don't have a Magnus yet but I have an Ultra 338 SR. I think it is way too big and heavy to hunt with but fun to shoot from a bench. I can tell you that I do not believe the Ultra 338 is worth $1000 more in regards to suppression characteristics. Is it better? Absolutely. Is it that much quieter? I don't think so but to each his own.

Really depends on what you personally want. Some people want a short and light can. Others want ultimate sound suppression. So many variables to consider.

I think the Ultra 9 is the sweet spot. It isn't too long for me and the 10oz weight doesn't bother me when I'm carrying it all over the mountains and fields I hunt. The sound suppression is solid.

If I was starting today I would buy the Ultra 9 first, then I would buy a Magnus rather than the Ultra 338.

Seems the TBAC suppressors are out of stock everywhere I look. I am specifically looking at the Magnus.

I am in learning mode and have some questions if anyone can help. I specifically have two rifles to use a can on for coyote hunting. One is a Ruger American Predator bolt action 6mm Remington that is already factory threaded 5/8x24, and the other is an AR 6.5 Grendel with flash hider which I assume is also 5/8x24.

It looks as if the Magnus requires a mount and is not direct thread. I don't like a brake that is so loud when using that way alone, but I did see a 22 flash hider adapter on the website and seems that would be an acceptable way to use on either rifle if or when I am not using the suppressor. Is there a flash hider available for the 6.5 and 6mm? What about 30 caliber?

I am trying to gain a better understanding of this whole deal, options etc. and appreciate your input and I really don't like the idea of a muzzle brake as a mount for the can.

Seems the TBAC suppressors are out of stock everywhere I look. I am specifically looking at the Magnus.

I am in learning mode and have some questions if anyone can help. I specifically have two rifles to use a can on for coyote hunting. One is a Ruger American Predator bolt action 6mm Remington that is already factory threaded 5/8x24, and the other is an AR 6.5 Grendel with flash hider which I assume is also 5/8x24.

It looks as if the Magnus requires a mount and is not direct thread. I don't like a brake that is so loud when using that way alone, but I did see a 22 flash hider adapter on the website and seems that would be an acceptable way to use on either rifle if or when I am not using the suppressor. Is there a flash hider available for the 6.5 and 6mm? What about 30 caliber?

I am trying to gain a better understanding of this whole deal, options etc. and appreciate your input and I really don't like the idea of a muzzle brake as a mount for the can.
Mile high shooting has Magnus in stock.

So I use the cb mount for my TBAC cans. Technically it can be direct thread. (The brake is just glued in)

I prefer using the brake because I can swap it around to different hosts. Just as long as I have a cb mount on the rifle. I can put in bolt gun 5/8x24, ARs 1/2x28 etc. If it was just one thread I could only swap to guns with that size thread

Have you ever taken a look at the Diligent Defense Co. Enticer line up? I have the Enticer L and so far I have been pleased. Right now I have it on a 6.5cm with a 30mm end cap. When they come in stock I'm going to order a 6.5 end cap.

Yes, actually I have just recently looked at the Diligent Defense ones, and I saw a video or two about them. Seems to be pretty good from what I saw, plus prices aren't bad either. I am also looking at the CGS Hyperion, a bit more costly but appears to be a good can.

Back