ELD-VT Factory Loads

Ryanjac23

What’s the chances Hornady comes out with a factory .223 offering of their 62 grain ELD-VT? Seems like a good fit, but given the are promoting the 22ARC right now, is the .223 off the table for now?

It could be done. The new 62 gr is 1.055" long I read, the 77 TMK is 1.07", and those are frequently loaded to mag length, even as a factory round. But that would steal the attention away from their new 22ARC.

It could be done. The new 62 gr is 1.055" long I read, the 77 TMK is 1.07", and those are frequently loaded to mag length, even as a factory round. But that would steal the attention away from their new 22ARC.
I think the bearing surface is short on the 62. To be able to fit it in a standard mag @2.26” most of the bearing surface is below the neck.

I loaded one up in a 223 case and it looks like 2.45ish is where I would want to be. In my Tikka it’s 2.38ish to the lands going off my memory.

I’ll load a few up for that and test them.

I’ll have to get some to try just for giggles. There was some guy I believe on YouTube, shooting them that they hand loading in 223 with pretty good accuracy.

I'm currently running 69 TMKs @ 2.29". The ASC mags allow up to 2.31", often a bit more on 1 side. I'm certain a bit of tweaking could make 2.32" available. Love to know what the neck fit looks like @ 2.29"

Back