6 or 22 ARC - Now turned to 6x6.8 SPC Thread

Here's the 6x6.8 SPC with TI Can, Texas Predator Posse Edition Lower with Timney 3lbs trigger and Thermion XP 50 Pro 2-16 Thermal

Waiting on the adjustable gas block and Acra rail but thought I would post how the build is coming.

Attachments

• 6x68 SPC Complete Build.jpg
    6x68 SPC Complete Build.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 27
  • TPP Lower.jpg
    TPP Lower.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 6x68SPC BHW Barrel.jpg
    6x68SPC BHW Barrel.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Here's the 6x6.8 SPC with TI Can, Texas Predator Posse Edition Lower with Timney 3lbs trigger and Thermion XP 50 Pro 2-16 Thermal

Waiting on the adjustable gas block and Acra rail but thought I would post how the build is coming.
Looks like a great killing machine!

Currently building a 6 ARC strictly for PRS gas gun competition. For this specific task I think the 6 ARC and 224V are the best options but I like the 6 version better.

My barrel is an X-Caliber full bull profile, 22", 1/7tw 5r, headspaced to a RC bolt. I only intend to run 105 Bergers or 108ELDMs in it. Brass is readily available at Starline, just got 500 delivered last week.

If your going to run the light varmint bullets I definitely wouldn't go this route with either of the ARC offerings, I'd go 6x6.8, it will run circles around the comparable caliber with light bullets.
Why did you go with 6 ARC over 6mm Max? Thinking about going with Max for DMR

Why did you go with 6 ARC over 6mm Max? Thinking about going with Max for DMR

I think the ARC is better suited for the long heavy bullets, if you look closely at the case length of the MAX the 105-108gr bullets will be deep in the case taking up case capacity. I could be wrong but I think the ARC also has a more inherent accuracy case design. I chose the ARC because I have zero interest in running light bullets in it. I also don't plan on pushing it hard because the outcome on Grendel bolts being pushed is pretty well documented that it's going to fail.

I think the MAX comes with 8tw barrels, most ARCs are 7tw which I also prefer.

The MAX does have the advantage of a stronger bolt.

The ARC has factory ammo readily available as well as components, thats another plus.

Back