53gr vmax superformance and coyotes?

Cannot wait to get them to the range and see how they shoot. [/quote]

You will be amazed at the groups you will get with the 53gr Superformance. It will rock a coyotes world. Have killed many with it and most are DRT. No run offs.

I would try a good hunting soft point as well and see what you like better. I started with 52gr berger varmint and 53 vmax, now I shoot 53gr Barnes TSX or 65gr Sierra game kings. I dont like the soft andd splattery bullets one bit, my opinion they're a major handicap to a 223 size case.

I havent been around a while, im not sure I could get into my photo accounts anymore but I took a pic of the last coyote I shot with vmax. 30 yard shot, me and the coyote watching each other, no time to wait, the coyote was quartered to me standing still and I was prone, the vmax for the most part splattered the shoulder apart, coyote ran 300 yards and it was a serious head to tail bloody mess. Same for fox, vmax turned up to kill coyotes splatters fox. 53TSX and 65gr SMK hit way different, they dont care about bone and they do the same fur damage on coyote and fox plus they can be used to hunt deer and pig in a pinch, a way better option for 223 size bullets in my opinion.

Heres an old post on the same topic with some pictures I was talking about, the coyote is a nightmare. Link -----> 22 Cal V Max Bullets

Last edited:
Back