Saturday Night Live-Another Double

DoubleUp

My hunting partner has a Vet friend in from Oregon. They were trying to get him a North Carolina bear. I tried waiting for them but they were later than I thought getting where I was setup. I had two coyotes in the field at about 300 yds. and when they started moving away, I couldn't wait any longer. I gave them just enough Babe Cottontail to bring them running. Wind was switching and they got a whiff of me at about 100 yds. They turned to leave and I yelped the female to a stop and killed her DRT at 126 yds. The male bugged out, but I turned him around with Pup Distress 3 and he came back looking for a fight. I shot him at about 180 yds. I knew I had a good hold, but he didn't show much sign of being hit. I managed to get another one into him as he exited, and he finally dropped at 385 yds. from where I was. Long walk to him, but apparently the first shot hit him just inside the shoulder and came out behind the shoulder near enough to rip some holes in his heart. Second hit was one of the going away shots. I'll try to get video put together tomorrow. I still don't have the video from Thursday night yet. Here is the female I killed first.

#25.jpg

And the male that I called back.

#26.jpg

Here is the opposite side picture showing where the first bullet entered and exited along with the going away high hit.

#26a.jpg

My partner got there late after the action, but he and his Vet friend (former Marine corps tanker and Purple Heart recipient) managed to get 1 of 2 they called in at another location.

Last edited:
Yeah Mike and thanks, it was spitting rain here, the humidity was near 100% and thermal was terrible. At least you will be able to tell when I get the video posted!

Back