Nvision Halo XRF

I was one of the first users of the Nvision XRF’s. It sucked. It was blurry, the range finder displayed random readings and it locked up.

I went round and round with N-Vision and with the help of Preston at SOK both units I was having issues with were replaced.

Since then I have one unit that works fine and the other is still blurry. It will be sent back when Im done shooting Coyotes in March.

This is the short story of a very long story.

Kino will be here shortly to tell you he has never had one problem and he loves his. I dont know why I’ve had a much different experience.

With all that said Max and Chris ( N-Vision owner and rep) are very much customer orientated. They will make it right if you have issues.

Not exactly sure but I think this is the third year for the Halo XRFs. The first year they had some issues with the rangefinder and that issue was found and fixed. Like all manufacturers, issues do happen. I have a buddy that recently had an issue with his and Nvision promptly took care of him, there customer service is second to none. They have the longest warranty in the industry at 5 years, I think only one other manufacturer has a 5 year, most are 3 or 4.

I bought my first XRF last year, ran it all winter in some brutal weather and sold it to a buddy that loves it, he and I came from a Super Yoter and its a nice upgrade.

I currently have 2 Halo XRFs bought new in September and a NOX 35 bought last September that have been good to me with no issues. There are a couple little things I wish they would change but with whats currently available on the market I believe it is the best commercially available dedicated scope on the market and most all dealers that sell all brands will agree.

IMO the best features about it are the ROCK SOLID zero. I've never once had to tweak my zero or never had any type of shift. That inspires a lot of confidence for me, so much so that once I see a coyote come to the 300yd mark in the rangefinder, he's almost certainly dead from that point. Zeroing is a breeze with increments as small as 1/8th MOA adjustment.

It uses an American Defense mount and RTZ has been right on when switching guns.

Nvision, like Trijicon uses a permanent focus that someway keeps stuff focused from about 30 yards out to infinity. Some guys love it, some don't. I'm not making videos at 50 yards or less at animals that are standing still, I'm shooting moving coyotes at distance so I don't have time to worry about adjusting the focus. I like the permanent focus personally.

It also doesn't use a proprietary battery or worse an internal battery. It will run a long time on a pair of readily available 18650 rechargeable. 3.5x base mag and 8x zoom allows you to take some pretty long shots. The rangefinder works great and the video resolution is pretty awesome as well.

The two little revisions I'd like to see are the addition of PIP and true FFP on the reticle. I can't think of any other improvements that could be made as I enjoy everything else about it for my style of hunting and the weapons they live on.

Give Joe or Preston from SOK (strictly offensive kit) a call and they can discuss at length about the XRF versus everything else.

If I could add features to the XRF it would be a removable micro SD card for video recording. I think the XRF’s on board memory is a lil small and with removable SD cards its so easy to move the videos to your PC.
The other feature that would be cool is recoil activated video recording like the old Pulsar Trails used to have.

And If Im really gonna ask for more I would like the scope to be smaller. Its on the big side, thats pretty minor though.

Ditto to Kino's post.

Love my XRF - I purchsed it in July of '23 and no issues at all (knock on wood). I've tried many brands, and sure, the XRF lacks some gucci features, but it is rock solid.

I also love my XRF. Even in high humidity, it does extremely well. I was hunting in patchy fog last night while others stayed at home. Image quality is great, better than the Iray, Bering, and pulsar that I’ve owned. It’s heavier than I’d like, but I suck it up being it’s such a solid optic.

After using my XRF a bit more and seeing what the rest of the market is doing, I do wish the XRF had built in ballistic software. Not the end of the world, but it’d be a nice feature. As Kino said, a FFP reticle alone would help.

I also love my XRF. Even in high humidity, it does extremely well. I was hunting in patchy fog last night while others stayed at home. Image quality is great, better than the Iray, Bering, and pulsar that I’ve owned. It’s heavier than I’d like, but I suck it up being it’s such a solid optic.
What iRay did you have? I only have 2 thermals and one is just a back up for now. But between the two, I’d buy an IRay again in a heartbeat. I use a different setting for high humidity and it’s like night and day difference too me. On board WiFi, can load a video to my phone and send it to whoever within seconds of shooting. Internal battery and external. I honestly have only ever used the internal when swapping out batteries and the external battery last about 4hrs of continuous use…I have 8 of them. Even if that battery dies it automatically switches to internal battery so no disruption while changing batteries in the field. PIP screen. Real nice video. A standby mode which I hardly use. Easy to use buttons with options I haven’t even played with yet. I’m sure it is capable of more features, I just stick with the basics. 5 year warranty. I’d almost be afraid to get something different when I go to buy another thermal. Been running it a year now with zero issues.

My run perfect for 3 yrs. then things started to happen. Still not sure it is fixed they do not know what to do. Their thing is 1 to 2 inch group, so far I can not leave the battery in after hunting. I am talking about my IRay not my n-vision.

Back