Image stabilizing binoculars

Duhhh

Is anyone currently using or previously used image stabilizing binoculars for day time calling? I get that they aren’t necessary but I’m curious if this has helped anyone out in thicker sage brush or cover at distance.

Did a quick set this evening and I failed to spot a coyote coming in at the end of the set. I was using some nicer 12x50’s and I’m a little to shaky with them on quick scans in open county.

The first set of image stabilizing binos that come to mind are Sigs. Just curious on anyone’s experience with similar equipment.

This fall I sat a few evenings with a CO who was watching for illegal road hunting, he had stabilized binoculars. It was pretty crazy how far he could get a license plate number(even after sunset). Fujinon , if I remember correctly.

I think I’ve used an older version of those for work before. They’re were like carrying a shoe box around haha. Was cool when we could see while driving down the highway.

I was using my Steiner Military/marine(west German) 7/50 binoculars, which I think are pretty dam good. I couldn't get plates like the CO, maybe I need more practice? Or higher magnification.

I tested a set at an NRL match in May. Sigs. They were pretty impressive the way they worked. For big game though I can't see using them instead of NL Pure. For coyotes it really seems like ranging binos would be the best. Coyote hunting is so dynamic I think having an instant range would be better than image stabilization.

I tested a set at an NRL match in May. Sigs. They were pretty impressive the way they worked. For big game though I can't see using them instead of NL Pure. For coyotes it really seems like ranging binos would be the best. Coyote hunting is so dynamic I think having an instant range would be better than image stabilization.
I’m looking at getting some of those too. Think I’m ditching the 85mm spotter for big game hunting and going to get the sig stabilizing binos and the sig range finding binos. Don’t think I need the 10ks so I’ll get the cheaper ones.

Now if Sig had the rangefinder built into the stabilizing binos, I’d be all in on that.

I have been looking into the sig zulu 6hdx. A lot of people that have tried them are ranting and raving about them. I will end up getting a pair at some point here im sure

I think the CO had 14x, until I realized they were stabilized I thought the guy was incredibly calm and steady. That all went away when shots were fired.

Back