Coyote calibers

Just depends on how much you wanna pay for your brass and how frustrating of a search to find “ less common odd ball brass” will be determined on my personal caliber choice. If you already have a 223 or another common caliber that you can get brass for and this is an additional AR for the stable who cares because it probably won’t get as much use as your common caliber AR just because of brass availability. I went to the AR10 route and bought a couple of 243 uppers. complete upper we’re under $300 at the time at BCA. I think they still are. The lighter 20 inch version is tolerable for weight and I can pump up the volume on 55 grain noslers over 4K. Also 243 brass is as common as mosquitoes around here. If I had to I can always re neck a 308 case. I don’t need to ever worry about that because I have piles of brass for both my ar 243’s.

Last edited:
I get the best results from a 6X6.8. I push a 58gr Vmax to 3370. If I miss it's not the gun or load. I can get more speed, but this load is accurate and has good brass life.

I would suggest taking a look at the 6MMDTI I struggled finding a AR that was what I consider accurate until I bought mine. Necking down the 6.8 cases is easy and running them thru the die before loading is something that is required anyway.

I got some dies N brass today for the 6mm max... pretty impressive velocities from a short barrel! I am waiting for a 12.5" barrel to pop up... should be at least 3200 fps from a 12.5 an 55 grain varmageddons..
Still might pick up a 6x45 eventually..

I don't have one in an AR yet, but I really like my 6mm arc in a bolt gun. I wanted something more than a 223, but really didn't need a 6mm CM. I think the 6mm arc fits the bill perfect. I shoot 75gr vmaxs.

Back