Coyote and bobcat tonight

1trkyhntr

1st stand we walked into a pasture and saw 2 coyotes in the field. The first one was about 125 yds, 2nd was probably 300+. We had called in 3 but only killed 1 in this same pasture about 4 weeks ago so she probably at least had heard a call before. I decided to just use lip squeaks. The closer one came in a little but then started to leave. I squeaked a little louder and she stopped. We double tapped her, DRT. 35lb female, a heavy female for here.
Next stand we were specifically after a bobcat. The landowner had a big cat and a smaller cat on his camera a few times. I set the call and played Eastern Cottontail. At about 5 minutes this smaller female came in and set down at the edge of the field at about 100+-yds. She did not seem really interested in the call and started to leave. I squeaked at her and she stopped. We double tapped her, DRT. I did not weigh her, guessing about 12-15lbs.
2z5w54g.jpg

Good shooting. It would be awesome to get a bobcat. I don't even think hunters are allowed to shot them in the southern part of the lower peninsula here in Michigan. Only further north and only 1, if I'm remembering correctly. You have to make it into the upper peninsula and on private land to take a second.

Back