03/08 Coyote tonight

1trkyhntr

We killed this old male tonight. They answered a lone howl and I switched to Pound Town. A pair came in and this male was in front. The 2nd coyote flared off. He would not stop, we shot him running at about 40 yds. The 2nd one came back in to Pup Distress but would not stop. It turned and we shot at it running, maybe 80-85 yds, and as far as I know we missed. I'm pretty sure I lead it too far. Anyway, one is better than none. This is probably the last hunt for me this season with the time change Sun Morning and heavy rain forecast for Sat night. Like we need more rain, it is so wet here we can't get into most of the farms to hunt anyway. Almost need hip waders to walk through the muck.
fc9dRnp.jpg

Well Mike, like already stated it seems like you fellas had more steady action than the rest of us this year and I agree with Clarence that your post will be missed. Maybe during the off season you can learn about this video stuff-haha.

Awesome season you had once again Mike 👍🏼👍🏼 ! Thanks for sharing ! Enjoy the off season !

Combination of rain, fog & wind fairly steady has taken me out of action for most of the season !

Congratulations on another great season Mike. Thanks for taking us along on your hunts. We also managed to kill a big male on Friday night without getting rained out.

Back